Sunday, June 28, 2009

Buon Giorno! A tease of a treat for you!


Okay,

I am back on track now, however, the posts for June will be in no particular order.

We have been completely out of whack for the past month or so.....but was inspired today....

Just wanted to give you a little teaser for the upcoming sunflower season.....

There are rolling fields of these things....hillside after hillside after hillside.....I can't wait until they are all out....this is the first field that is out...and you can see that they aren't all completely bloomed....

But I know a couple of you have been waiting for these pictures...so wanted to give you one that I snapped today....on our way into Todi....just to tease you!

I apologize again for the delay....I keep saying that I will do better....but I never do....I know that the purpose of this blog is to keep you informed 'as we go along' ....not wade through 1000 pictures after a month of frollicking in the Tuscan Sun... hee/hee.....(just wanted to throw that in there)..kind of takes a little something away from the apology doesn't it? I'm just teasing...I will try to be better.....
We have also been enjoying our house and pool for the past few weeks.....

We had visitors here in May.....and then our family ...that's mine and Piddle's both...at the same time....under one roof......for 2 weeks...(11 people) ...maybe that was pushing it a little....just a word of advice...no matter what....I mean...no matter WHAT....NEVER NEVER plan a family vacation with family members from both sides of the family! The two weeks might have been the kicker......It was a disaster-waiting-to-happen....

But we have already debriefed from that ordeal...can't go backwards........and can appreciate the fun we had and really enjoyed spending time with the kids and our family...........

I do think the kids had a great time.......even though the adults couldn't behave themselves.... isn't that how it always is?.......but I think the kids enjoyed the adventure.........and that is what really matters.....giving the kids the opportunity to experience other cultures and other parts of the world....that's what it's about.....

Anyway, will keep posting.....may take a couple of days to get them posted.....but I'm on it!


Ciao!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sunflowers and cathedrals...so beautiful. What a grand adventure, and how generous with your time to share it in your blog. Can't wait to pics from Amsterdam!!