Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Central Station of Amsterdam








Okay, so the Central Station is somewhat of a landmark itself.....you see it in the 3rd photo down....it is incredible...this is where you can catch the train, the tram, the canal bus or the regular bus......or a taxi if you choose....
The first picture is what you see when you step out of the train station....you actually see so much more.....but a picture couldn't capture it...so many cathedrals, palaces, duomos...etc....incredible!
The second picture is of the parking lot for Central Station....you'll notice the absence of automobiles.....bicycles are a way of life here.....there were thousands upon thousands of bicycles...it is the most efficient way around this city......I couldn't get over all of the bicycles....
The last picture is a photo of the entrance to the first bathroom I have had to pay to use....it was 50 cents....and you have to have exact change...and if you don't.....you will stand there for about 10 minutes trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to get past those glass doors to use the restroom...finally the bathroom attendant (you can't see HIM in this picture...yes it was a man) noticed I was a tourist and gave me change for my 1 euro coin...of course he couldn't give me a 50 cent piece....which I know he could have...but gave me like 17 coins to put into this machine..yeah...he knew I had to go...anyway...finally get the glass doors to open...and this way to the men's and this way to the women's....men and women everywhere....ugh!....but I was brave...went to my little stall...which I promptly and securely locked....and well... you know....then I came out....was leaving the bathroom...now do I tip the attendant? or just duck my head and get the hell out of there to the safety of Bob waiting just outside?
I chose the latter.......okay...so a virgin moment for me....won't be the last...as I will soon find out....


No comments: