Sunday, August 5, 2012

My new motto for taxi cab riding....

Well.......we have been toodling around Prague on our last day trying to soak up all the beauty it has to offer......this is our neighborhood......

THEN......we took the most hell-acious taxi ride I have ever had....we had to get a taxi to take us back to the airport....and I'm telling you I have a new motto..... "Just enjoy the scenery along the way..." because really you have no control over whether or not you are going to crash and die....so you might as well enjoy the scenery.....because really.....I don't want to see it coming....
First our driver was passing trams...yes, passing trams...with oncoming traffic.....then he was telling us about something on YouTube...that we had to check out...then said, "well here...let me show you"....He puts his ipad on his dash....pulls up youtube and proceeds to watch a video (while weaving in and out of traffic) the entire rest of the way....many many near misses....once we almost hit an elderly gentleman stepping off of a curb....I know this doesn't sound overly stressful.....but I'm telling you...I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I got out......but we made it.......hence...my new motto for taxi riding.....Just enjoy the scenery....


No comments: